Saturday, September 1, 2012

Stickers, Sculpting, and Progress!

Okay, so, painting got paused when I realized I have about 8 weeks until Anime Nebraskon--and I don't have my "new" item yet!  Last year, I got buttons for the first time.  The year before, I got badges.  Before that, I had bookmarks (though the stock I had got destroyed, sigh).  This year, I'm trying stickers.  I have eight designs approved, of random characters.  Anyone that wants to see a special character, please, request it!  I want to get ten together and printed.

Here's my favorite:


Jareth, the Goblin King.  Why I decided there would be crystals is kind of still beyond me, but I wanted some reason... and reordering space and time, it seemed to fit.  AND I spent two hours drawing that pose.



Here's the second one almost finished:


Grell Sutcliffe, from Black Butler.  I'm not proud of the face, but I AM proud of that coat.




I'm planning to sculpt two dolls, one MSD and one yo-SD, of a couple of my favorite characters from my own stories.  One will be Michaeyl (of the 5-6 year old range), and one will be a Full Halloween, Three.  He's intended to be SD size initially, but for sake of getting him sculpted, I will make him in MSD.  I've talked to a couple of BJD casting companies, and I think it will be an awesome project to put my time and effort into doing.


Itzy is about 1/3 finished now, and Tlaloc needs only some finishing touches--"moonlight", "fog", and then my signature (somehow).  I hope for him to be done by next weekend.  <3333

3 comments: