Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Ow.

So, I cleaned from 9:30 last night to about 1:30 in the morning, and then again today about 9:30 in the morning to about twelve minutes ago.  I didn't pass inspection, but for the most part, I HAVE A FLOOR NOW.

Some things I've learned while cleaning today:

1.  I hate vacuum cleaners.  Particularly when I have to stop vacuuming every few minutes to cut the hair out of the vacuum.  At first, this wasn't a huge deal, only after a while it kind of stops spinning...  *sigh*  a curse of long hair...

2.  My paper shredder doesn't shred very well if it's more than one or two pieces of paper.  So naturally, it takes a lot longer to finish that part of 'cleaning'.

3.  I can't go up and down the stairs repeatedly.  I just can't.   It's all I can do to just stand in the kitchen to clean.

4.  I need a desk.


That is all for now.  I'm going to go back to shredding things and trying to "tidy up".

7 comments:

  1. So ... you didn't pass inspection - what does that mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will they inspect again? I hope you don't have to vacate... and that you are feeling better sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have specified that...

    I have two weeks from today to fix the problem. I was aiming to pass inspection today, but my lower back and ankles were hurting me too bad around four... *sigh*

    Oh. And to make a bad day worse: crack in my ceiling, three and a half feet long, started dripping water. *rubs face* NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH, Caro, please, please tell me we can have therapy this week...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hoping that I don't have to go into to work Friday .... but I don't know ... I have three individual sessions and one family session that I need to get done ... I'll text/email you for sure tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you reported the crack in the ceiling? Was it there when you moved in?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have called them, they won't come out tonight, because they can't see in the darkness (outside) to do any good. But they'll be here tomorrow. It's stopped dripping almost entirely, and the line was there, but I just thought it was sucky plastering or something... It certainly hasn't dripped like this before when raining....

    ReplyDelete