Sunday, August 12, 2012

Yaretzi--Doodle to Painting

Okay, so, this was the painting/drawing that started it all.

Song of Inspiration:  'Who Will Love Me Now" by PJ Harvey


This is a painting I decided to do for the heck of it, for Athena.  =3

Doodle/Concept sketch:


Inked:



Hair:



Skin/Added Details:



Finished Painting:



The finished dimensions are just over 12" x 18", done on Watercolor block *and I cut it off a bit too early, so it's flattening out until I can get it scanned Monday and a full-scale print made, so I can display it--because I love doing artwork and giving it to people.  I just don't like not being able to have a record that "This is the most awesome thing I've done so far".

Those trees were hours of agonizing.  There's like four layers of pastel under the acryllic, trying to get the effect of "trees" and "leaves" and finding that my dark green pastels just weren't doing it.  Besides Yaretzi in general in the middle, I am most proud of the trees--and that sky, particularly that cloud in the upper right-hand corner.

YARETZI (C) Caro "Athena" Kellenberger
Artwork (C) Cassandra "Starving" Schofield

1 comment:

  1. *applauds* I love your scanning idea. I wish I'd thought to take pictures of things I've beaded for people. If anyone asks me what kind of work I do, I have limited pics.

    Excellent artistry.

    ReplyDelete