Sunday, August 12, 2012

Escalus--Progress


So much free time meants lots of people get painted, worked, and developed.  The hooves were, hands down,the hardest thing I've ever had to draw.  I thought "Oh, draw them like this, it's easy!" only to realize, for like... two years now... I've been drawing them wrong...  *sigh*  So I sat with Escalus in front of me for ages to get it juuuuuuuuuust right.  I'm not 100% pleased with the shape of the face, but MEH.  I'll live.  Yaretzi is busy flattening out (the acrylic paint made the top part curl up a bit, I used quite a bit, but I'll be getting the measurements to Caro so she can start hunting for a fame (omgomgomg someone's going to frame something I did *secret squee/flail*)

So, here's my next presentation of Doodle to Painting:

So original was like, six inches tall, and that's too small to do a large-scale painting of (in my opinion, without having to do a large, complicated background that I'm going to end up hating).  So I sized it up, seen here, at 125% and 150%:


I chose the 125% on the larger watercolor board. (same size as Yaretzi)


Tracing paper is awesome, so I could draw the outfit to lay properly on the figure, as well as make adjustments to the outfit without erasing the form.  I decided it would be open to his navel because I didn't want to cover up his belly button (I worked on that, I wanted to show it off).

[img]

Inked!  Pretty self explanatory.



Color, phase 1, with sharpies:



More color:





No comments:

Post a Comment