Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Prints and Escalus Progress (No pics)

So after much flattery from the print-shop guys, I got the cost for prints, which is kind of on the pricey side if I want one on nice paper (which I do), but I think this company (A&D Technical) will be the one I'll use for getting prints made of the larger works. They're about $3 for a "cheap" one (good board, I think I'll do that for some of my less-than-favorites) and about $15 for a nice one on watercolor board. (I have  the Mad One sketched and planned, and I'm doodling Mercutio and Tlaloc. Not together. Just doodling them) I need to start getting prints (or at least scans rather than photos) of the more elaborate stuff I'm doing. I do all this wonderful stuff, and no way to share with the world that "this was me being awesome".
 
I picked up some more colors (so I can have a "leaf" green instead of "sour apple" green).
 
I stayed up last night working on Escalus instead of doing things like, say, sleeping.  I'm still not pleased with the trunks of the trees, but decided I liked the look of the "flowering" trees to the greens all over again.  It lends a gentler air to the picture, I think.  I even added one of the Castle walls in the background (I honestly don't know how the heck this castle is supposed to look) to add some kind of depth to the picture.  I'm getting much better at the tree and leaf effect.  The super-cheap sponges on a stick are a big help.  I need to cut one up to have a flat bottom (right now, it's round) eventually.  that'll help to get some more smooth lines.
 
I need to add some green and more shadows to the trees, I think... 
 
He's so pretty..  I'm still trying to figure out how to add sparkly to him (Yaretzi gets sparkly, Escalus does too!)
 
I should really start planning Mercutio... he will be the hardest, I think, because he has such a reputation to pack into a singular picture...  And it will contain an almost-obscene amount of RED. >.> *goes off to sip gatorade and ponder more artsy stuff*

1 comment: