Monday, November 26, 2012

Faceup Ordeal

*flopped in a chair*

Okay, so, I'm trying to remain calm about this.  I really am.

I commissioned an artist to do two faceups for me, and after the horror that happened to Tenoch (angel-wing mod, with a bad blush-job), she offered for free to blush his mods.  I was pleased and touched, and the items arrived at the end of July, quoted $35 a faceup, $5 to remove one faceup (it was easier to send her still made up to show what I wanted), and then shipping. She promised they would by done and back to me by 11/2, the first day of Nebraskon.

The faceups weren't completed until 11/21.  This is about two and a half weeks later than normal.  Okay, fine.  She had sent me one proof of the Nor's torso, which wasn't nearly close enough--in fact, it was about as close as the original artist.  *shakes head*  So she said she'd try again.  Well, Friday, she sent me a message that it would take a while to match the color about right, and she had to use the air brush for other stuff, and on top of that, she was going to be moving.  *sigh*  I told her to just give up and get me the quote to send them all back.

Got the quote today, and had a heart attack.  $55/faceup, $5 for wiping the one, and $8.75 for shipping.  So, this is insane...  Waiting now for the artist to get back to me so I can tell her thank you for keeping to the original arrangement or demand that she wipe the girls and send them back immediately...

I hate it when people are like "Ugh, you haven't responded!" and then don't respond when you poke them by three means... -.-  I'm also tired of this "I didn't get your email"...  -.-

2 comments:

  1. *scowls*

    What a pain in the arse. I hope it is resolved quickly and in your favor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been largely resolved, namely that she admitted that she made a human mistake. I'm waiting until one last question is answered before I pay and wait for my girls to come home.

    This is still a neutral-feedback ordeal.

    ReplyDelete